I have been hard-pressed to finish this material in time for the last Sunday of October, which is tomorrow. This was prepared with kids ages 3 to 6 in mind.
I have to admit I had little to no time to work on this material because I was feeling a little ill this week. But it could serve as an introduction to the 5 Solas.
I’m personally using this to teach children’s Sunday School tomorrow. So I also included the big visuals that you could print out and use for the classroom setting. Homeschool families could use the writing practice pages, while younger children could benefit from the matching pages.
THE FIVE SOLAS OF THE REFORMATION
- Sola comes from the Latin word which means “only”
- The Five Solas summarize the important teachings that came out during the Protestant Reformation.
- The Five Solas help us remember what the Scriptures teach about the Gospel.
- The Reformers fought hard to recover these truths about the historic Christian faith. Some of them even died defending it.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO TEACH CHILDREN THE 5 SOLAS
- Define and explain each Sola once
- Look up each supporting verse and show how each phrase is taught from the Bible
- Memorize the Bible verses and catechism lessons included in each Sola phrase
- Play a memory game by printing two sets of visuals (Printables included)
- Match the Latin phrase or English description to each corresponding symbol (Printables included)